Below is a simplified version of the code of conduct for road bowls
1. Always play the bowl without undue delay especially during competitions. 2. Do not throw the bowl until the referee allows you to do so. Safety and consideration for other road users should be of paramount importance.
3. Players should abide by what the referee says at all times. If a player has a particular grievance s/he should air this through the proper channel.
4. Do not obstruct or distract another player when s/he is about to throw a bowl.
5. The distance covered by the bowl is marked by a scud of grass.
6. Always throw from your mark i.e. do not break your butts.
Information thanks to Splitting the Sop published by Bol Chumann na hEireann